Global People Operations Manager
Operations – HR /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a zero-knowledge rollup (ZK-rollup) Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution. Our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty. zkSync’s core technology – an EVM-compatible ZK-rollup – is designed to scale Ethereum without degrading its decentralization or security.
Across all hires at Matter Labs we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours – where we value freedom, an ownership mindset, and excellence.
We’ve raised a total of $458 million to help us achieve this mission from investors such as Blockchain Capital, Dragonfly Capital, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Variant, Andreessen Horowitz (“a16z”), and many more. This includes $200 million dedicated to an ecosystem fund coming from BitDAO.
We’re driven by our mission and guided by our values, the most fundamental of which is freedom. That’s why we’ve decided to release zkSync 2.0 under MIT Open Source at the Fair Onboarding Alpha milestone. Open-sourcing zkSync 2.0 will give the ecosystem the freedom to view, to modify, and to fork the code. This will be the first time a general-purpose ZK-rollup is fully open-sourced. For the latest updates check out our Twitter.
As an expert and trusted advisor in all things People, you will partner with the People Team Leader to implement new best practice ways of working, ensuring Matter Labs is fully compliant, and adhering to local labor laws through regular audits and documentation collection. You will support the People Team Leader to manage the foundational components of Matter Labs’ people & HR strategy.
- Recommend improvements to core People Team policies in line with local labor laws, best practices and the future of work
- Own critical People Team activities; onboarding, offboarding, benefits enrollment, payroll, and policies to ensure 100% compliance with all local labor laws
- Partner with key stakeholders such as Finance, IT, and Talent Acquisition to ensure onboarding, offboarding, and payroll processes are completed in a timely manner with no gaps or poor colleague experiences
- Maintain and update the Employee Handbook and additional people policies
- Manage internal people systems including our company HRIS, HiBob
- Decrease time spent on administrative tasks through identifying digitization and streamlining opportunities
- Act as an escalation point to manage sensitive colleague relations cases in line with local labor law, partnering with local authorities and legal representation when needed
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, with 2+ years in a similar role within a People Team
- Experience supporting a 100+ headcount global and multicultural workforce
- An expert in building core People processes, policies, templates, and improvements
- A proactive, organized, resourceful and driven individual with a proven record of driving change
- A strong desire to help people, effectively manage conflicts, and build a great place to work
- Able to articulate information in easy-to-understand formats for multiple audiences
- Strong presentation, communication, and listening skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound judgment calls independently
- Able to handle sensitive information in a discreet and careful manner
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.