Senior Copywriter - Technical
Marketing – Marketing /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
The senior copywriter will be part of a team of editors, writers, strategists, designers, and project coordinators tapped to work with one of the most innovative companies in crypto. You’ll support a wide range of creative projects from ideation to execution.
In this role, you’ll be working closely with various teams, ideating and pitching creative concepts, and executing a wide range of creative projects.
- Leading creative ideation processes across Strategy, Editorial, and Design
- Thought Leadership Copy
- Taking very technical topics and creating copy around this
- Developing high-quality creative assets across a range of formats
- Collaborating with colleagues in Design, Marketing, and Product
- Honing your inner anthropologist to become an expert on our audience (developers, retail, and potential future employees)
- Pitching on-trend (and ahead-of-the-trend!) creative ideas
- Pitching ideas and campaigns, both internally and externally
- 6+ years of experience in Technical Writing or Copywriting for tech B2B topic
- Creative and out-of-the-box writer
- Writes copy, adhering to brand voice and tone standards
- Top-notch writing and concepting skills, in formats including positioning statements, taglines, brand naming, social media, web copy, employer branding, video scripts, and brand manifestos
- Experience meeting deadlines while juggling multiple projects
- Able to understand the technical side of the blockchain industry, our target audiences, and how they like to consume content. Technical writing is a plus
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.