Head Of Marketing
Marketing – Marketing /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
Matter Labs is growing incredibly quickly, so building an all-star Marketing team is critical to the success of the project. As the Head of Marketing you will play a key strategic role: you will be reporting directly too and working closely with the CPO.
Looking at VP level, this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build a strong foundation nearly from scratch and have an outsized impact on our success as we aggressively scale in the next months. We’re still a small team, which lends itself to high degrees of autonomy, impact, and accountability. We care about results, and give lots of trust while working on strong alignment to achieve those results.
At Matter Labs we work with some of the most gifted and dedicated talent in the industry, and sourcing each individual contributor is critical.
- Develop the marketing strategy and positioning statements for our product roadmap. What is the value we are offering to the customer? How do we stack up to competitor capabilities? Are we being true to our brand differentiators?
- Build marketing strategy across the business. Pull together business goals, technical considerations, campaign timelines and build the expertise of the marketing team to align on audiences to target, channels to employ, countries to activate, etc.
- Work across teams to align on product marketing
- Assess upcoming product and feature launches to identify bigger stories or position multiple launches in a clear way for consumers and tie those launches back to the broader zkSync value proposition
- Work with product and comms partners to clearly define marketing needs and coordinate various parts of the marketing organization to execute against those needs (e.g. brand design, event, organic social, paid social, partner marketing, community etc)
- Partner with content design to ensure coherent and consistent language and narrative between in-service and off-service messaging
- Build out the product marketing capability and team at zkSync
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing or related field with an emphasis on product marketing
- Experience marketing to developer or technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication capabilities with the ability to work across both highly technical and highly creative teams
- Deep experience and success in managing cross-functional teams to bring products and features to market
- Experience in developing consumer messaging, positioning, and targeting, and in handling multi-country product launches
- Excellent leadership capabilities and experience building out high-functioning marketing teams
- High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Self-starter focused on outcomes
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.