Software Engineer - Developer Experience
Engineering – Core /
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
We're looking for Software Engineers to join our Developer Experience squad. This squad is extremely relevant to our project and will have a major influence in shaping the strategy to elevate zkSync Era as the best option for developers in the Ethereum scaling ecosystem.
If you are passionate about building innovative and scalable web3 applications, and have experience in designing world-class systems, we would love to hear from you.
What You'll Be Doing
- Providing the best-in-class documentation - which includes tutorials and migration guides
- Develop SDKs in different programming languages
- Create plug-ins for the most popular frameworks (Hardhat, Foundry, Truffle)
- Contribute to enabling integrations with other dev tools (Thirdweb, Moralis, Tenderly, WalletConnect, Biconomy) and other open source projects
- Create tools, templates, and wizards to simplify the developer journey (CLI, AA, paymasters)
- Actively participate in internal projects (e.g. POAP generator)
- Support the developer community with issues they face when building on the platform - we don’t want to build a support team. We want to find ways to have developers not need support (via best in class documentation) and for the community to support itself.
What We Look For in You
- Strong understanding of Ethereum and the EVM
- Experience with Solidity or Vyper
- 3+ years in software development
- Driven by passion, curiosity, and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the world
- Understanding of software engineering best-practices
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplishing projects
- In-depth knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, and their computational & memory complexities
- Experience implementing data structures and algorithms from scratch
- Experience in cryptography/high-load/protocols design is a big plus
- Fluent written and spoken English
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.