VP of Operations
Operations – Ops /
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Matter Labs is seeking an experienced and motivated VP of Operations. As VP of Operations, you will be responsible for developing Matter Labs’ overall operating strategy and drive global adoption of zkSync Era. Your goal is to continue to establish zkSync Era as the top Layer 2 protocol in the eyes of builders, decision-makers and users. We want you to help us form a value-aligned operating strategy and cultivate an ecosystem that goes beyond chasing token drops.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with the leadership team to set goals company-wide
- Establish systems for tracking and analyzing metrics for each team and key initiatives
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Matter Labs and ensure consistent, rapid, and effective execution in accordance with our defined vision and strategy
- Scale Matter Labs globally, seeking out world-class acquisition, investment, and partnership opportunities
- Solidify Matter Labs as a top employer in the Web3 space
- Optimize Matter Labs’ corporate structure for long term worldwide growth
- Align key stakeholders to ensure an effective Mainnet launch and a thriving ecosystem for years to come
- Identify operational bottlenecks and develop scalable solutions to drive growth and improve overall business performance
What We Look For in You:
- 5+ years of experience as an Operations leader ideally in a high growth environment
- 5-10 years of multidisciplinary business experience in a combination of operations, technical product management, consulting, and/or finance roles
- Proven track record of exceptional execution in high-growth and/or early-stage technology companies
- Strong history of hiring A players and building great teams
- Expertise in building, defining and directing OKRs throughout an organization
- Excellent written and oral communicator with the ability to translate complex topics into actionable tasks
- Stellar EQ with a demonstrated history of aligning leadership to achieve strategic outcomes
- Passion for crypto and web3
- Strong presentation & public speaking skills
- Low ego, high integrity, and a clear, structured way of thinking
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.