Marketing – Marketing /
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Matter Labs is hiring a Creative Director to be the organization’s first design hire. As a Creative Director, you will help drive the entire design process for Matter Labs and zkSync—from concept to execution. You will execute campaigns, develop visual systems, and support our brand across channels and platforms. You are able to direct design strategy and roll up your sleeves to help bring it to life through social media and graphic design. This is a unique opportunity to shape the design function at Matter Labs and build a team of designers that bring zkSync’s mission, vision, and values to life.
What You'll Be Doing
- Translate company objectives into clear and creative design strategy
- Ensure designs and content reflect the brand image and company ideals
- Create and implement branding guidelines that captures the brand voice, including tone and visual
- Contribute to the creative strategy, visual language, voice, and personality of creative, with a focus on awareness and integrated campaign work
- Lead teams to deliver outstanding art direction, photography direction, videography direction, design, typography and campaign systems
- Manage quality of creative output and protect the integrity and expression of the zkSync brand
- Guide creative strategies, project roadmaps, and programs forward
- Develop and execute the visual brand communication for the company, providing art direction to build awareness and grow our presence in the industry
- Elevate current design capabilities
What We Look For in You
- 7-10 years of relevant industry experience at an agency or on an in-house design team
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or equivalent practical experience
- A compelling digital portfolio, preferably gaining from tech companies/clients
- Drive to create high-quality design and consistency across several channels such as social media, email, web, and within the product.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable facilitating strategic workshops and influencing across multiple levels of the company.
- Ability to work quickly with minimal direction on complex brand initiatives
- Deep experience with design softwares.
- Experience and skill in design and production of video, motion graphic, animation is a big plus
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.