Senior Product Manager
Remote - EMEA
Product – Product /
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
We are looking for Senior Product Managers to join Matter Labs and focus on several new verticals. These roles will have a major influence in shaping the strategy to elevate zkSync Era as the best option in the Ethereum scaling ecosystem.
These are key roles with a high probability to increase in scope and responsibility as the company scales and the protocol gains more adoption.
What You'll Be Doing
- Setting the vision and strategy to provide the best Product experience in the layer 2 space
- Define the team's needs and structure to grow into specialized squads to tackle specific challenges
- Aligning and influencing the roadmap of core protocol teams
- Creating and prioritizing initiatives and setting up a clear roadmap with the outcomes the team wants to achieve
- Lead the organization in developing a high understanding of needs and pains
- Working in an agile environment with your development team, outsourced squads that takes care of specific products
- Fostering a data-driven culture, working closely with community and developer relations to identify gaps in the developer experience
- Inspiring your team and stakeholders
What We Look For in You
- Several years working in product management as well as multiple years of software engineering experience
- You possess a thorough understanding of the EVM and have at least basic working knowledge of the L2 landscape
- Previous experience in web3 or blockchain companies/projects
- You’re an excellent communicator, in writing and speaking, whether you’re talking to a founder, a community member, or an executive
- You have a proven track record of focusing on outcomes and bringing value to businesses
- An eye for detail, yet focused on getting things done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Creativity and out-of-the-box mindset to brainstorm solutions for difficult problems
- Experience in leading with influence, inspiring others to follow best practices, and deliver real value to customers
- You're hands on. You only ship features after you’ve tested them and made edits to the documentation
Nice to Have
- Some experience developing smart contracts for EVM-compatible blockchains
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia). While we’re currently not hiring in the US, we do consider US-based applicants willing to relocate.