Operations – Ops /
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to our CEO, Alex, in order to enable him to focus on strategic goals and achieve organizational success.
As the Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for managing complex schedules, coordinating travel arrangements, and maintaining various calendars. You will communicate with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the executive and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion. We are looking for a highly reliable, proactive, and resourceful professional, who is able to consistently meet deadlines, follow through on commitments, and deliver high-quality work.
What You'll be Doing
- Managing complex schedules and coordinating travel arrangements for the CEO
- Maintaining various calendars for members of the executive team to ensure meetings are (re)scheduled swiftly and accurately
- Following up with partners gracefully and proactively flagging challenges or oversights
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the executive and handling sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Prioritizing tasks and managing competing demands while remaining flexible and adaptable to changing needs
- Using various software applications and tools, such as Google Suite and Notion, to perform your job effectively. Ideally, you already use AI-empowered software and are always on the lookout for more efficient tools
- Anticipating the needs of the executive and taking initiative to ensure that he is well-prepared for meetings, presentations, and other events
- Working closely with and reporting to the Chief of Staff to continuously leverage the time and skill of Alex and the executive team
- Building positive relationships with colleagues and collaborating effectively to achieve organizational goals
- Occasionally taking care of personal tasks discretely and reliably, including housing, online orders, finance, gifting consultation, and more (approx. 1x/month)
What We Look For in You
- Proven experience working in a similar role in an equally fast paced company
- Based in Europe and fluent in German is a must
- Strong organization and time management skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliability and ownership of responsibilities
- Technical aptitude and proficiency in using various software applications and tools
- Proactivity and resourcefulness to identify and resolve issues, while working independently with minimal supervision
- Collaboration and teamwork skills to work closely with the Chief of Staff and other support teams within the organization
- Flexibility to provide support out of hours during emergencies (<1/month)
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.