Senior Business Development Manager - NFT/Lifestyle/Brand
Business Development – Business Development /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a zero-knowledge rollup (ZK-rollup) Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution. Our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty. zkSync’s core technology – an EVM-compatible ZK-rollup – is designed to scale Ethereum without degrading its decentralization or security.
Across all hires at Matter Labs we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours – where we value freedom, an ownership mindset, and excellence.
We’ve raised a total of $458 million to help us achieve this mission from investors such as Blockchain Capital, Dragonfly Capital, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Variant, Andreessen Horowitz (“a16z”), and many more. This includes $200 million dedicated to an ecosystem fund coming from BitDAO.
We’re driven by our mission and guided by our values, the most fundamental of which is freedom. That’s why we’ve decided to release zkSync 2.0 under MIT Open Source at the Fair Onboarding Alpha milestone. Open-sourcing zkSync 2.0 will give the ecosystem the freedom to view, to modify, and to fork the code. This will be the first time a general-purpose ZK-rollup is fully open-sourced. For the latest updates check out our Twitter.
Our aim is to increase the adoption of zkSync through identifying, developing, and managing strategic partnerships, as well as helping NFT/Lifestyle/Brand projects identify what they need to use zkSync, and offering them resources from within the team to ensure these integrations are successful.
As the Senior BD Manager leading our NFT/Lifestyle/Brand ecosystem you will be reporting into the Head Of BD and will focus onLifestyle/Culture/Brands/Collectible/Art/Loyalty.
This is a brand new role due to team growth, and so there will be a large degree of autonomy and ownership making this a very exciting opportunity. Your duties will widely vary but will include;
- Contributing to the creation of the NFT/Lifestyle/Brand strategy, particularly by conceiving of creative approaches to securing partnerships
- Understanding the growing NFT/Lifestyle/Brand landscape and latest developments in the crypto space and reaching out to the most interesting new projects
- Building a strategy on who our key partnerships should be
- Dividing and conquering all inbound requests we receive daily together with the Web3 and Enterprise Teams
- Managing the ongoing relationship with our key NFT partners
- Coordinate with Engineering teams, Product and Marketing to build and execute on an specific coherent strategy (e.g, industry POVs, conferences presentations, etc)
- Previous experience leading and driving Lifestyle/Brand (Enterprise to Small) partnerships
- Strong connections in the Lifestyle/Brand industry and able to lead deals end-to-end
- Ideally Crypto/Web3 native however for this role there is some flexibility here if you have related experience in NFT space
- Share the values of freedom, decentralization, and trust-minimization
- You love Biz Dev and building partnerships, and have a proven track record in a sales / partnership BD role (Ideally 8+ years)
- Global mindset and experience building strategy to a global scale
- You are a strong communicator and are able to explain complex issues in clear, persuasive language
- You are a conscientious, organized and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize your work
- Fluent English speaker - other languages a plus
- Personable with a great sense of humor
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.