Senior Operations Manager
Operations – Ops /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
Matter Labs is growing incredibly quickly, so building an all-star ops team is critical to the success of the project. As the Senior Operations Manager you will play a key strategic role: you will be reporting directly to and working closely with the COO of the company - this role has the potential to grow into a Chief of Staff role. The day-to-day tasks will vary widely, and will require you to be flexible, proactive, strategic, and efficient. We’re still a small team, which lends itself to high degrees of autonomy, impact, and accountability. We care about results, and give lots of trust while working on strong alignment to achieve those results.
- Identify, triage, and develop and drive long-term strategies and initiatives across multiple priorities, issues, and roadblocks facing the Operations team (as well as wider business) using your experience leveraging data for business impact
- Personally quarterback key company and department-wide initiatives in a fast, efficient, and effective manner
- Serve as the primary cross-functional liaison between Operations, Product, Business Development, and Marketing
- Support in driving forward key projects across all Operations functions, incl.: Fundraising / Investor Relations, Finance, Legal, And People Operations
- A history of identifying and developing business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements and elegantly executing projects from proposal to implementation
- Natural curiosity and a solutions-oriented mindset that leads to proactively coming to the table with creative solutions
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and proactively address conflicting stakeholder requirements to achieve creative compromise
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design sustainable improvements and solutions
- Excellent communications and influencing skills - able to manage up or down in the organization, and comfort working with senior leadership
- Strong presentation skills combined with the ability to present data in a way that is persuasive to all audiences
- Mix of analytical mindset, business acumen, and personal drive
- 5+ years of work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Experience working in a high growth startup a big plus
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in advanced Excel
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.