Growth Marketing Manager
Marketing – Marketing /
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Matter Labs is seeking a skilled Growth Marketing Manager to build, manage, and optimize zkSync’s digital marketing initiatives. As the team’s first growth marketing hire, you will have the unique opportunity to define the most effective ways for zkSync to engage its core audiences through the expansion of marketing channels, creation of an always-on content funnel, implementation of analytics and testing across all marketing touch-points, and the development of a digital lead acquisition and retention program.
What You'll Be Doing
- Expand zkSync’s marketing efforts to new channels (e.g., email, YouTube)
- Build a digital lead acquisition and retention strategy in collaboration with the Product team
- Lead zkSync’s thought leadership ambassador program foundation, growth, and optimization
- Proactively identify growth hacks and areas of opportunity to supercharge channel growth
- Ideate, test, and iterate to optimize audience growth and engagement through marketing
- Develop performance marketing reports to inform decision making and growth opportunities
What We Look For in You
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in marketing, with a focus on developer and/or web3 marketing preferred
- Ability to identify and execute growth hacking tactics to drive user acquisition and retention
- Experience in SEO/SEM, PPC, YouTube, and social media marketing
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency with tools like Google Analytics, SEMRush, or similar tools
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product, engineering, design, and other teams to coordinate marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to present data and insights in a clear and actionable way
- A mix of agency and in-house marketing experience is preferred
- Effective project and time management skills
- Experience with design, UX, and brand development is also a plus
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.