Principal Technical Sourcer
Operations – Recruiting /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a zero-knowledge rollup (ZK-rollup) Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution. Our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty. zkSync’s core technology – an EVM-compatible ZK-rollup – is designed to scale Ethereum without degrading its decentralization or security.
Across all hires at Matter Labs we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours – where we value freedom, an ownership mindset, and excellence.
We’ve raised a total of $458 million to help us achieve this mission from investors such as Blockchain Capital, Dragonfly Capital, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Variant, Andreessen Horowitz (“a16z”), and many more. This includes $200 million dedicated to an ecosystem fund coming from BitDAO.
We’re driven by our mission and guided by our values, the most fundamental of which is freedom. That’s why we’ve decided to release zkSync 2.0 under MIT Open Source at the Fair Onboarding Alpha milestone. Open-sourcing zkSync 2.0 will give the ecosystem the freedom to view, to modify, and to fork the code. This will be the first time a general-purpose ZK-rollup is fully open-sourced. For the latest updates check out our Twitter.
As Matter Labs’ Principal Technical Sourcer you will play a pivotal role in building our sourcing strategy from the ground up. We are looking for a Principal Technical Sourcer that can act as a strategic partner to the executive team and recruiting leadership.
What You’ll Be Doing (i.e. job duties):
- Architect a sourcing strategy for the most essential technical positions at Matter Labs
- Conduct research to thoroughly understand target markets and companies
- Work closely with the executive team and Head of Recruiting to establish sourcing metrics and effective messaging
- Implement a data driven approach to every search by leveraging internal knowledge of markets, targeted github repositories and investor networks
- A/B test messaging with our desired pool of candidates in close collaboration with the respective executives you’re partnering with
What We’re Looking For:
- Superb qualitative research skills, including the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and quickly learn new industries
- 8+ years of experience in technical recruiting ideally having conducted some amount of full-cycle recruiting
- Experience working with executives at top tier technology companies
- In-depth understanding of recruiting elite technical talent in competitive markets
- Self-starter who can be trusted to work autonomously and is motivated to align the best caliber candidates with the right role
- Expert level knowledge of Gem.com, Lever and other ancillary recruiting softwares
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.