Product Operations Manager
Operations – Ops /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a zero-knowledge rollup (ZK-rollup) Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution. Our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty. zkSync’s core technology – an EVM-compatible ZK-rollup – is designed to scale Ethereum without degrading its decentralization or security.
Across all hires at Matter Labs we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours – where we value freedom, an ownership mindset, and excellence.
We’ve raised a total of $458 million to help us achieve this mission from investors such as Blockchain Capital, Dragonfly Capital, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Variant, Andreessen Horowitz (“a16z”), and many more. This includes $200 million dedicated to an ecosystem fund coming from BitDAO.
We’re driven by our mission and guided by our values, the most fundamental of which is freedom. That’s why we’ve decided to release zkSync 2.0 under MIT Open Source at the Fair Onboarding Alpha milestone. Open-sourcing zkSync 2.0 will give the ecosystem the freedom to view, to modify, and to fork the code. This will be the first time a general-purpose ZK-rollup is fully open-sourced. For the latest updates check out our Twitter.
Matter Labs is growing incredibly quickly, so building an all-star ops team is critical to the success of the project. As the Operations Manager for Product you will play a key strategic role: you will be reporting directly to and working closely with the CoS to the CPO of the company - this role has the potential to grow into a number of different opportunities.
The day-to-day tasks will vary widely, and will require you to be flexible, proactive, strategic, and efficient. We’re still a small team, which lends itself to high degrees of autonomy, impact, and accountability. We care about results, and give lots of trust while working on strong alignment to achieve those results.
- Maintain flawless and up-to-date team updates including goals, subgoals, team assignments, and meeting notes
- Own project management for each team including tracking and preparing reports and presentations on the project plan, timelines, and milestones
- Work with Product team leads to understand resourcing and recruiting needs
- Build cross-functional relationships, as well as create coordination and alignment between Operations, Product, Marketing, and wider teams in order to solve complex interdisciplinary problems
- Identify, triage, develop and support strategies and initiatives across multiple priorities, issues, and roadblocks facing the Operations team (as well as wider business)
- Serve as the primary cross-functional liaison between Operations, Product, Business Development, and Marketing
- A history of identifying and developing business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements and elegantly executing projects from proposal to implementation
- Natural curiosity and a solutions-oriented mindset that leads to proactively coming to the table with creative solutions
- A resourceful self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and proactively address conflicting stakeholder requirements to achieve creative compromise
- Excellent communications and influencing skills – you are a phenomenal at writing and conveying your ideas, with a knack for finding the right tone in any context, while balancing and weighing your needs with those of your counterparties
- Meticulous and high attention to detail – you take pride in creating work that is not only flawless, but also beautiful
- Strong presentation skills combined with the ability to present data in a way that is persuasive to all audiences
- Mix of analytical mindset, business acumen, and personal drive
- 2+ years of work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Experience working in a high growth startup a big plus
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in advanced Excel and Google Workspace (Sheets/Slides)
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.