Business Development Representative - US
USA – Business Development /
Based in Chicago and Germany, MARKT-PILOT is a fast-growing, high-tech SaaS Start Up that helps leading manufacturers increase revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction through market intelligence. We are looking for a self-driven and passionate Business Development Representative who will play a crucial role in driving growth and expanding the company's customer base.
Your primary focus will be generating and qualifying leads, ultimately setting the stage for the sales team to close deals. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers in the early stages of the sales funnel.
What we expect you to own and run with:
- Lead Generation. Proactively identifying and sourcing potential customers using various methods such as cold calling, cold emailing, social media outreach, and leveraging existing lead databases to create a steady stream of leads.
- Qualifying Leads. Determine if the leads generated are a good fit for the MARKT-PILOT software, understanding the prospect's needs, budget, authority to make decisions, and their level of interest.
- Outbound Outreach. Engage in outbound communication with potential leads via phone calls, emails, social media platforms, etc. to introduce the MARKT-PILOT software, educate the lead, and gauge their interest.
- Product Knowledge. Deep understanding of MARKT-PILOT's industry and products while being able to articulate their features, benefits, and value proposition to potential customers effectively.
- Building Relationships. Establishing and nurturing relationships with potential customers, engage in meaningful conversations, address questions and concerns, and build rapport to create a positive impression.
- Appointment Setting. Schedule appointments or product demonstrations with qualified leads for the Account Executives. Providing an opportunity for the sales team to close deals and convert leads into paying customers.
- Consistent Follow-Up. Stay in touch with potential customers, address their concerns, and provide additional information as needed.
- Customer Management via CRM software (HubSpot). Lead tracking and lead management maintaining up-to-date data as well as keeping track of metrics such as number of leads generated, conversion rate, and number of appointments scheduled.
- Creating and refining cold calling scripts, email sequences, etc. while continuously working on improving and refining current processes.
Which boxes you need to check:
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in business development, sales, or related fields.
- Sales experience and lead generation in a SaaS sales context a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills, strong leadership, time management, and critical thinking skills.
- Self-starting attitude, grit and determination to succeed.
- Gift of gab and ability to easily engage people in conversations.
- Experience with CRM software (HubSpot) preferred.
- Show persistence and resilience while dealing with objections and rejection due to high volume cold outreach.
- Adaptability and problem solving skills.
- Ability to connect to others in a short period of time and deliver engaging presentations.
What we offer at MARKT-PILOT:
- Being part of MARKT-PILOT means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of manufacturing, the future of our company and at the very same time your own future career. Regular team events, flexible working hours and modern offices in downtown Chicago make MARKT-PILOT a unique company to work for.
- We have an agile culture that puts people and their development above all else.
- Our employees have premium medical plan options including dental, vision and life insurance.
- We are all about flexibility. 25 paid days off, flexible working hours and opportunity to work on a hybrid schedule.
- 3 months paid parental leave.
- 5% 401(k) match.
- Transit Benefits Program for public transport subsidy.
- Divvy annual subscription.
$68,000 - $80,000 a year
We are MARKT-PILOT, a fast-growing SaaS Start-Up based in Esslingen (Germany) and Chicago, IL (USA) that provides comprehensive market, pricing, and competitive intelligence for global machine manufacturers. We help our customers maximize revenue and profit while improving their customer relationships with market-driven pricing. The largest global manufacturers rely on MARKT-PILOT to transform their after-sales business. At MARKT-PILOT, we inspire innovation with passion, we perform with team spirit, and we think big. We believe in working with like-minded people: Ambitious forward-thinkers who constantly challenge the status quo and achieve outstanding results. We are growing rapidly, having tripled in size over the past year, and need your expertise to continue our aggressive expansion.