Development and Mechanical Engineer
R&D – R&D /
The Lovehoney Group is one of the world's leading companies in the sex toy market. We’re proud to promote sexual happiness and empowerment through design innovation, research development and great customer service. After an exciting 2021 merger bringing together Lovehoney, Amorana and WOW Tech, we’re stronger than ever in our mission to destigmatize sexuality and help more people enjoy a fulfilling love life. Our award-winning, globally recognized brands include Fifty Shades of Grey, Happy Rabbit, Womanizer and We-Vibe. With over 900 employees spread over our offices in the UK, Berlin, Germany, Austin, and all over the world, the Lovehoney Group is a market leader in the sexual happiness industry.
The Mechanical Development Engineer will lead research and development projects to investigate new innovative technologies and products for WOW Tech group.
Why Lovehoney Group?
- You will work for some of the world’s leading global pleasure brands (We-Vibe, Womanizer, Arcwave and 50 Shades of Grey as part of the newly formed Lovehoney Group)
- You will become part of a highly skilled team of international specialists and interesting people.
- You will be offered a range of personal development opportunities, including language courses and career-specific training workshops and conference attendance.
- You will profit from a creative, knowledge-sharing and stimulating environment.
- You will enjoy our light, spacious offices in the heart of Berlin with all the latest mod-cons and refreshments on hand to make working with us comfortable and fun.
- Concept, design, and build prototypes of new components or product concepts in the field of innovative drive train and sensor-based measurement and control technology.
- Develop measurement and testing plans (DoE) and analyze experimental data.
- Co-ordinate projects and working packages with our manufacturers in China, our sourcing, quality and compliance as well as testing and product portfolio management team, external contractors, research institutes and universities.
- Understand new product requirements to develop product concepts and performance and production criteria;
- Producing mechanical design specifications and detailed, final drawings using SolidWorks, including BOMs/parts lists;
- Validating design concepts through analysis of prototypes; developing test plans and documentation; completing and documenting results via test reports.
- Serving as Technical Lead for the Research and Product Development team on New Product Developments.
- Creation and development of a technical schedule covering all phases of new Product Development.
- Upload and release new product source files to PLM tool and management of changes to the product through Change Management Process (ECO/ECR)
- Working with Manufacturing to optimize material and process selection.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of work instructions
- May occasionally travel to production facilities and other offices for project support
- Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years’ industrial, product or mechanical design experience developing innovative, creative, mechanical and electronic product designs involving various technologies
- Highly proficient in the use of SolidWorks design software including surfacing
- Experience designing parts and mechanical components
- Experience with plastic and rubber injection molding technology
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organized with solid time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- The following experience is an asset:
- Using Rhino as a modeling tool
- Vibration analysis
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
- Electromechanical design
- Introducing new products to manufacturing and working with manufacturing facilities in China
- Knowledge of the following is beneficial:
- High-volume manufacturing processes
- Design for manufacturing
The Lovehoney group is an equal opportunities employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion.
We currently have a hybrid work model supporting a blend of in-office and remote work.
If we’ve got you interested and you’re open to taking the next step in your career, please apply directly with the link provided.