Producer (User Research)
Cambridge / Hybrid /
Production – Production /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
As part of our continued growth we have a vacancy for a User Research Producer. In this newly created role you will work closely with our talented development teams and help co-ordinate user research testing across multiple projects. You will organise focused internal testing along with larger scale external testing to provide valuable player insights and data for our developers to leverage.
UR is a growth area within Frontier and we’re looking for an individual who is motivated by the challenge of helping to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our UR testing going forward. We’re very keen to expand upon our existing UR services for both our internally developed and externally developed Frontier Foundry projects, and the successful candidate will work with a variety of game genres and discipline teams.
Previous UR experience is not essential but you will need previous experience in a senior game development or co-ordination role, along with strong communication and organisation skills. You will partner with various teams across Frontier to facilitate a wide range of research objectives. Be prepared to collaborate with fellow developers to understand their needs and then coordinate effective UR plans. If you’re an advocate for excellent player experiences and skilled in planning, you may be the ideal candidate for the role!
- Co-ordinating UR testing across multiple games in close collaboration with our developers.
- Helping development teams to achieve their quality goals, by helping facilitate effective UR data.
- Proactively identifying, prioritising and scheduling UR work across multiple projects.
- Creating and optimising UR processes and pipelines to ensure efficient development.
- Maintaining strong relationships with our development teams and external partners.
- Providing visibility and effective reporting of UR status to stakeholders.
- Identifying and mitigating UR related risks proactively.
About you (Essential):
- Experienced developer with multiple shipped titles on PC or Console.
- Strong team management or project co-ordination experience.
- Ability to build trust and rapport with developers and communicate confidently and effectively.
- Collaborative approach with the ability to support different teams and disciplines.
- Used to managing multiple tasks in parallel and able to balance competing requirements.
- Skilled in helping teams find solutions to problems.
- Confident working in a fast paced environment and able to react positively to change.
- Excellent organisational skills with a systematic and methodical approach.
About you (Desirable):
- Keen interest in UR testing.
- Good understanding of Agile development processes.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.