Production – Production /
Purpose of the role
As part of our continued growth, we have a vacancy for Producer to join our fantastic team. You will work closely with our Lead Producer, Game Director and other Production staff as part of the Production Team to help the entire studio plan, coordinate and execute on exciting new projects and content.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a studio with a track record of delivering successful Tactical RPGs and work with our experienced and passionate teams as you develop your career with us.
This role is based on-site in our Studio in Winnipeg, Canada. We can offer a relocation package for the right candidate.
- Co-ordinate the creation of in-game content, under the supervision of an experienced Lead Producer
- Help and support the development team to achieve their goals and deliver content on time, and to a high degree of quality
- Prioritize and schedule work based on the project roadmap
- Running sprint planning, daily standups, reviews & retrospectives
- Create and optimize processes and pipelines to ensure efficient workflow throughout the entire development cycle
- Maintain strong relationships with the entire development team, as well as other internal departments
- Build and maintain healthy, productive relationships with all external partners
- Identify project risks, and help to develop mitigation plans
- Scheduling meetings as appropriate, to facilitate communication and to resolve issues without disruption to the overall schedule
- Proactively resolve development issues to keep team members working efficiently and making sure their needs are addressed
- Assist Producers and the wider development team to help achieve their goals.
- A detailed understanding of video game dvelopment and production
- Solid experience with using JIRA, or equivalent, as a game production management toolset
- Prior experience working in a similar project management or production role, where you have worked directly with cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with all development disciplines and stakeholders, and to understand their specific needs
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Collaborative approach, with the ability to support different development disciplines with different requirements
- Proactive in finding solutions to problems
- Confident working in a fast paced environment, and able to react positively to shifting priorities in a dynamic environment
- A well-organized, methodical, clear-headed and calm approach
- Experienced using MS Office, Google Docs, or similar documentation suites, and understands the importance of keeping documentation up to date
- Experience mentoring and developing junior producers
- Self-starter who can find creative approaches to challenges
- Ability to communicate to upper management with perspective, and to propose practical solutions for both short and long terms needs.
- Extensive experience with project management software
- Specific knowledge of Agile development processes
- Extensive experience customizing JIRA
- Demonstrable experience in managing video game projects
- Have worked on and shipped at games, ideally a AAA game on multiple platforms
- Experience delivering games on console platforms
- Experience with full game cycles, from pre-production through launch
- Experience with post-launch releases.