Operations – Catering /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Catering Assistant to come and join the Frontier Catering team. We are looking for a motivated individual, with passion for cooking and baking, to support the Chef Manager and the Sous Chef in running a vibrant staff restaurant.
- Work ‘front-of-house’, serving customers food, working on the till & cash handling
- Customer focused at all times by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs
- Assist with the day-to-day running of the Space Bar restaurant
- Help the Chef Manager and Sous Chef get ready for service by preparing food
- Catering Assistants will be expected to peel, trim or wash food so it is ready to be cooked
- Help produce food of an impeccable standard while adhering to health and safety regulations
- Provide a friendly, efficient and hygienic service to all customers
- Work in a clean and tidy manner in a fast paced environment
- Kitchen cleaning, including but not limited to washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- Ensure the highest level of cleanliness is achieved in all catering work areas and restaurant.
- An interest in food and catering, with experience of working in a similar environment and good knowledge of relevant H&S legislation
- Great customer service with a passion for promoting a fun and efficient team
- Works well under pressure, and is comfortable in a very flexible, fast paced working environment
- Team player that can inspire others
- Shows a hands-on and willing approach to all restaurant’s tasks
- Enthusiastic, with an eagerness to learn new skills and a commitment to personal continuous professional development
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work alone without direction
Given the nature of this role, the successful candidate will need to be studio based and we are unable to offer any remote working. We can however provide a comprehensive relocation support package as part of any offer.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.