Head of Production - Frontier Foundry
Publishing – Frontier Foundry /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 700 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
The Head of Production for Frontier Foundry is a seasoned veteran who will lead a talented team of Production staff in the effort of delivering world-class titles to the market via a diverse range of 3rd party partnerships.
- Implement, maintain, and refine the processes, systems, and frameworks necessary to track and report on development projects
- Conduct due diligence on 3rd party developers with a focus on team pedigree, project feasibility, and production methodologies across all disciplines
- Collaborate with Head of Business Development and senior Frontier Foundry leadership to ensure that project deliverables and dependencies are represented realistically in all legal agreements
- Provide visibility to Frontier leadership with respect to project timelines, dependencies, and budgets
- Recruit, hire, train, manage, and mentor 3rd Party Production staff at all levels with a mind toward execution excellence and sustainable growth
- Work with leaders across Frontier’s shared services departments (audio, QA, localization, etc) to ensure proper resourcing and prioritization of Foundry initiatives
- Support Foundry Executive Producers in removing roadblocks where appropriate
- Maintain strong relationships with Frontier’s internal Production leaders in order to leverage domain-specific knowledge where useful and applicable to 3rd party projects
- Attend trade shows and media events as needed, for project scouting and program evangelism
- Seasoned expert in production processes, date & dependency tracking, and financial planning & reporting on a portfolio of multi-platform titles
- Discerning gameplay evaluator, with seasoned perspectives in multiple dimensions – fun factor, UX, production values, and readiness
- Has successfully shipped 6+ games in a key production role, across multiple genres. 3rd Party production experience a plus.
- Proven experience recruiting and managing a high performance production team
- Demonstrative strength maintaining and presenting a complex array of information with clarity and precision
- Familiarity with a wide range of 3rd party solutions providers (developers, art outsourcing, audio design, or other services) and their reputations is a plus
- Strong collaborator with an open mind and “always improving” mindset
- An effective and diplomatic communicator who is able to tailor information and presentation toward different audiences
- Healthy balance of empathy, straightforwardness, resourcefulness, and pragmatism
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.