Cambridge / Remote /
Publishing – Community /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
As part of our continued growth we have opportunities for Community Managers to join our Community Team (MCV's Best Community Team 2019) working on current and future unannounced games. These are fantastic opportunities to join a studio with a track record of delivering successful AAA titles and learn from other experts in the Community and Publishing teams as you develop your career with us.
- Generate and host original content for our channels (Twitch/YouTube/events) to raise product visibility and awareness
- Planning and scheduling initiatives to drive engagement within the relevant communities
- Positively engage across all channels as a representative of Frontier
- Work closely with internal teams (PR, Marketing, Product Management, Customer Support, and Developers) to better support our gaming communities and communication strategies
- Organise and participate in events and groups to build communities and grow awareness
- Build relationships with players and industry professionals.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable and willing to participate in livestreaming
- Collaborative approach
- Pro-active and creative approach to projects and content
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
- Ability to accurately report and monitor feedback
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Willing and able to travel to industry events and conventions
- A passion for video games
- Experience in a similar CM role with emphasis on live streaming and written content creation
- Good understanding of social media channels.
- Experience in the gaming industry
- Knowledge of streaming software (OBS) and hardware
- Second European language
- Knowledge of Frontier games.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.