Tax and Treasury Accountant
Operations – Finance /
Frontier Developments are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We are looking for an experienced and commercially minded Tax and Treasury Accountant who is well practiced in corporation tax, indirect tax and employer tax to join our team on a permanent basis.
You will be joining a busy and autonomous finance team who are truly passionate about the role they play at Frontier. In line with Frontier’s significant growth the Tax and Treasury Accountant will support the company across a wide range of tax and treasury duties. You will be working closely with the CFO and Corporate Accountant simultaneously across a number of different business functions, working with both internal and external advisors.
- Indirect Tax
- UK VAT - prepare and submit to HMRC in line with the reporting dates
- EU - MOSS return covering digital sales to consumers in EU
- Rest of world - VAT returns in at least one other jurisdiction as well as monitoring activity in other countries
- Ensure ongoing compliance with Making Tax Digital (MTD)
- Oversee VAT registrations and undertake annual VAT checks
- Prepare and submit US Sales tax returns for nexus states - Texas and Nevada
- Corporation Tax
- Assist the Corporate Accountant to co-ordinate and gather info for corporation tax return including innovation and creative industries relief
- Assist in the preparation of the R&D and VGTR claims for the annual return as well as monitoring these claims during the year
- Assist in the preparation of Patent Box regime calculations
- Assist with annual and interim tax account workings
- Manage Capital Allowances
- Employer Tax
- Assist with payroll related processes
- Prepare P11d submissions
- Calculate and monitor and prepare the annual PSA
- Assist with tax aspects of equity arrangements (share options, LTIPs, Sharesave)
- Prepare and maintain a rolling cashflow forecast for all main currencies (GBP, USD, EUR) for all bank accounts within the Group to assess liquidity requirements and manage currency risk
- Monitor compliance against the Group’s Treasury Policy working with the Corporate Accountant and CFO
- Monitor cash deposit accounts and make recommendations for approval by the Corporate Accountant and CFO
- Assistance and involvement with the Annual Report, Investor Relations, payroll, equity schemes and company secretarial duties
- Part- qualified or qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CTA or equivalent)
- Experience in industry (i.e. outside practice) will be an advantage
- A good understanding of all main taxes - VAT, corporation tax and employer related tax
- Organised and a confident communicator across all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical mind with good problem solving skills
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.