Development – Design /
Frontier Developments are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
Reporting directly to the Head of Design, the Narrative Manager is a new position which has been created as a result of Frontier’s significant growth, to support our exciting project roadmap across a range of narrative areas. The successful candidate will be able to understand the storytelling and world building vision for our games and deliver this vision by identifying, developing and managing the appropriate talent, resources and processes.
This is an exciting opportunity in a new role to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IPs, such as Formula 1 and Warhammer.
- Work with Games Directors and vision holders to understand the narrative vision and requirements for our games
- Enable and manage the delivery of narrative requirements (writing, script, casting, recording, mocap/sound stage setup where applicable)
- Build the studio’s narrative capacity both internally and externally to deliver current and future requirements
- In collaboration with the Games Directors, to contract with or hire in the relevant talent for editing, writing, voice direction or voice talent
- Build relationships with writing agencies and casting studios/voice directors and other services to ensure we get the best pick of their talent and facilities
- Ensure good practice across the board; monitoring and helping develop pipelines and tools for consistency, efficiency, suitability and sustainability
- Work with project Executive Producers to ensure that procedures are followed and adapted to the projects needs and bottle necks addressed
- Build and mentor a team to enable you to schedule and prioritise resources to most effectively deliver the studio’s vision, embedding them as appropriate in projects.
- Initially working on our Formula 1 franchise to develop a vision for technical UI text and believable in game dialogue; with a view to then expanding into working on our Warhammer franchise and other IPs.
- Understands how to deliver storytelling and world building in a visual/interactive medium
- Strong communication, copy writing and editorial skills
- Can identify quality in writing (both exposition & dialogue), scripts, storyboards, direction and acting, for the medium of film or games
- Can provide feedback and critique to get the best out of the above and align them with the vision of the project
- Can work with storyboards, character profiles etc., translating them into their end product; game, trailer, cinematic.
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.