Lead Level Designer - Warhammer: Age of Sigmar
Cambridge / Remote /
Design – Design /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
We’re looking for an awesome Lead Level Designer to create fantastic campaign levels, filled with drama and gameplay, for our Age of Sigmar real time strategy game.
- Create quality levels for the campaign which act as paragon examples for the rest of the design team
- Mentor level designers, providing feedback, and passing on your valuable knowledge to help grow their skillsets
- Work directly with other disciplines to help solve level design challenges
- Work closely with the campaign lead to support and create an amazing story-telling experience
- Extensive campaign-based level design experience on at least one AAA title, in a senior position
- Experience of mentoring and supporting level designers
- A previous body of work that includes clear examples of scripting, gameplay balance, level flow and pacing and environmental story telling
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Broad design experience, covering systems and feature creation as well as balancing
- Direct experience in the RTS genre and/or a love of all things RTS
- Enthusiasm and passion for games and gaming
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.