Cambridge / Remote /
Commercial – Digital Marketing /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a SEO Manager to join our talented and growing Digital Marketing team. You’ll be joining during a period of significant growth at Frontier and will be responsible for the day-to-day management and search engine optimisation of our websites.
- Manage the day-to-day optimisation across our suite of websites
- Update content in alignment with key beats across each title
- Work with the wider business to ensure SEO remains at the heart of web development and website activity
- Own the SEO roadmap across all of our brands
- Create and implement the SEO strategy to increase our website’s visibility and work with the wider company to implement performance driving initiatives
- Work with the Head of Digital Marketing to set, manage and report on key metrics and KPIs to measure performance
- Run regular content audits to reduce content duplications, remove underperforming content and identify opportunities for improvement and “quick wins”
- Utilise Google Analytics and other tools to track performance and develop SEO strategy
- Liaise with the localisation team to manage content in multiple languages.
- Previous SEO experience
- Experience in managing global / localised websites
- Experience with tools such as SEMrush, Majestic SEO, Ahrefs, Google Analytics and more
- Understanding of nuxt.js/vue.js, SPA and HMTL
- Experience using a CMS (preferably Drupal and Magento)
- Strong analytical understanding of numbers, data, analytics, and reporting
- Link building and content optimisation experience
- Well organised with a methodical approach, be able to deal with multiple ongoing projects in parallel
- Working with your team to ensure quality and timely delivery
- A passion or knowledge of the video games industry would be beneficial but not essential.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.