Head of Production Support
Cambridge / Hybrid / Remote /
Production – Production /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
As Head of Production Support, you will lead the provision of project planning tools and help define the related processes and pipelines used across the Frontier games portfolio as part of our game development framework. You will work closely with both project and departmental leadership to ensure these pipelines meet the needs of our project teams, and are used effectively and consistently to fulfil the demands of our exciting and ambitious roadmap.
Reporting into the Director of Production, you will also help provide departmental leadership and support to a large and talented production team and utilise your thorough knowledge of videogame production to help our producers and developers work efficiently and deliver maximum value. You will also contribute to the development of the wider production team, collaborating on overall departmental vision and strategy.
Responsibilities - Delivery
- Co-ordinate the best practice use of planning tools such as Hansoft, JIRA and Confluence across all projects
- Create and implement learning opportunities for producers and developers to help ensure consistent understanding and usage of planning tools
- Identify opportunities for new tools, automation and time saving initiatives within the production department and other functions
- Help define, maintain and refine the game development framework and related processes
Leadership & Development
- Direct line management and development of a small number of producers initially with the potential to grow over time
- Help provide departmental leadership and support to the wider production department
- Maintain strong relationships and communication with project and departmental leadership across the studio
Vision & Strategy
- Help develop the vision and strategy for how we use our planning tools to plan projects
- Communicate your ideas to stakeholders to build confidence and buy-in for future improvements
- Provide input into the studio roadmap and help ensure accurate staff forecasting and tracking across projects
- Maintain oversight on project budgets and ensure consistent reporting and tracking
- A Senior/Lead Producer with experience of planning several PC or console games from conception to release
- Passionate about creating, implementing and optimising processes to help project teams solve challenges
- Expertise in maximising effectiveness of tools such as Hansoft, JIRA, Confluence and Excel in the development process
- Familiar with a range of project management methodologies with experience and insight in when to apply them
- Strong communication skills, able to influence and get buy-in from a range of audiences
- Previous people management experience with a commitment to developing, building and motivating high performing teams
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to remain calm and take important decisions
- Excellent organisational skills with a systematic and methodical approach
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.