Complex Games - Winnipeg – Programming /
Founded in 2001, Complex Games has over 20 years' experience with an ambition of becoming a global leader in the development of innovative Tactical RPGs, including the recent success of turn-based PC strategy game Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters. The studio is based in Winnipeg, Canada, and employs 20 talented and passionate people including its founders and several other industry veterans. We‘re now growing the team and looking forward to making even more great games in the future as part of Frontier. Come join us!
As part of our continued growth we are looking for an experienced Gameplay Programmer to work with our Technical and Design Teams.
You will work with the whole game team to bring together the design, code and assets we create, and build the game experience that players will love. Working on our projects in the Unity Game Engine, you will develop a deep understanding of the game design and implementation, and become a champion for the areas of the game that you help to shape.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a studio with a track record of delivering successful Tactical RPGs and to play an important role in our continued success. This role is on-site role in the Winnipeg Studio (Complex Games). We can offer a relocation package for the right candidate.
- Collaborating with the design and content creation teams to develop and refine game mechanics.
- Building and supporting game systems, working with the Unity engine and the wider programming team.
- Delivering engaging player experiences through technical innovation, creative thinking and efficient working practices.
- Sharing knowledge of game systems, and mentoring others in best practices for game development.
- 2+ Years experience working as a programmer in the videogame industry
- Experienced and Knowledgeable with the Unity Game Engine
- Directly contributed to support and development of complex gameplay in at least one released game.
- Strong programming skills using C# in a large codebase.
- Proven cross-discipline collaboration with game designers and content creators.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Programming role on at least one AAA commercially released game for Console.
- AI programming experience.
- Familiarity with adding features post-release to games with active players.
- Experienced full commercial game development lifecycle from prototyping, through production to post-release support
- As part of this application process, you may be requested to complete and submit Programming Test in Unity.
What we can offer you
You'll work directly with a friendly and experienced team that is striving to push the envelope in the tactical RPG space by creating challenging new worlds with compelling cinematic narratives.
We provide a competitive salary, our Frontier annual bonus scheme and an extended health and benefits plan.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.