Health and Safety Advisor
Operations – Site, Facilities and H&S /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
We have an opportunity for a Health and Safety Advisor to join our H&S team. Reporting to the Head of Health and Safety within a busy games studio. This exciting new role is ideal for someone who is seeking a long-term career in health and safety management who is working towards their NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Advise and lead on day-to day-health and safety to ensure a safe workplace environment and ensuring compliance with health, safety & welfare at work legislation
- Support, review and implementation of Health and Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations in line with current health and safety legislation to ensure that the company meets it statutory obligations
- Organise health and safety training courses as required and monitoring when certificates are due for renewal
- Lead on all aspects of Display Screen Equipment Regulations compliance, including but not limited to, issue of electronic workstation self-assessments and following up on any issues raised, workstation risk assessments, evaluating requests for ergonomic equipment and raising purchase order requests
- Update and maintain electronic and static Health and Safety Notice boards
- Complete weekly / monthly premises health and safety checks and identifying issues, eg weekly fire checks, first aid equipment
- Conducting company risk assessments including but not limited to COSHH
- Investigate accidents/incidents in accordance with relevant health and safety legislation
- Assisting other members of the Site team with day-to-day contractors health and safety, - eg permits to work, and H&S Risk Assessments and RAMs
- Procurement of health and safety consumables
- Assisting with environmental monitoring and compliance
- Providing health and safety advice and assistance for internal events and requests from other teams.
- Experience in a similar health and safety role
- Qualified, or working towards, NEBOSH General Certificate
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication
- Member of Institute of Occupational Health and Safety(IOSH)
- First aid certificate.
Given the nature of this role, the successful candidate will need to be studio based and we are unable to offer any remote working. We can however provide a comprehensive relocation support package as part of any offer.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.