Senior Technical Producer (Shared Technology Group)
Operations – Production /
Frontier Developments are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
As part of our continued growth, we have an opportunity for a Senior Technical Producer to join our Shared Technology Group.
Frontier has a proud history of developing game technology, building games with our in-house Cobra engine and forging creative solutions to a wide range of challenges. Our Shared Technology Group is at the centre of the engine, tools and techniques that we develop. As part of the Shared Technology Team, your skills will supplement a fantastic group of talented engineers who are passionate about making great games and the technology that underpins those games. You will use your software development experience both to help drive Cobra into the future, and to empower game teams to get the most from the technology that we build.
Working with current and future game team direction, you will organise the development, maintenance and support of Cobra along with complementary tools and services.
Developing great games pushes us to the cutting edge of technology and entertainment, and you will play an important role in directing our journey on exciting new frontiers.
- Co-ordinate the work of the STG in collaboration with the team Leads
- Line management and development of 2 other STG Producers
- Schedule and track work using Hansoft and JIRA
- Liaise with game teams to understand their requirements and support them effectively
- Balance and prioritise the needs of multiple projects at once
- Act as an ambassador for the STG and report status to company stakeholders
- Maintain bug databases and effectively triage bugs across the STG
- Plan and maintain project budgets
- Proactively assess and help mitigate project risks
- Analyse, implement and champion improvements to working practice
- Help deliver products on time and to quality
- Help manage internal STG communication as well as improving communication with Game Teams
- Proven experience in a similar role in games or another software development industry
- Programming experience or computer science qualification
- Solid understanding of Agile processes
- Skilled in helping programmers to analyse requirements, break-down tasks and estimate work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with staff at all levels and across multiple departments
- Flexible and able to react positively to change
- Able to motivate developers to achieve the best possible results
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Familiar with bug and task tracking software
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 600+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.