Operations – Production /
Frontier Developments are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
In this newly created role you will lead a team of Producers who co-ordinate our cross-discipline support teams. These central teams provide vital support for all our games across a range of areas including Shared Technology, Tools and Online Services. As the Production Manager you will ensure that the provision of these services runs smoothly to help deliver our ambitious roadmap which includes exciting new IPs like Formula 1 and Warhammer as well as maintaining our catalogue of existing franchises and our new Frontier Foundry publishing label for 3rd party games. Reporting into the Head of Production, you will also contribute to the team health and departmental development of the wider Production team, deputising for the Head of Production when required.
This is an important senior position within the company that will utilise your solid leadership skills and thorough knowledge of videogame production to get the best out of our Producers and cross-discipline teams. You will work closely with Heads of department, Game Directors and Area Leads to identify upcoming requirements for each game and co-ordinate your Production teams to meet them as efficiently as possible while maintaining the high quality that Frontier is known for. You will mentor and develop existing staff in Production best practice and pro-actively share your previous experiences and knowledge to continuously improve how we do things.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a studio with a track record of delivering successful AAA titles and work with our experienced and passionate teams as you develop your career with us.
- Co-ordinating the provision of support services across multiple games, both internal and external.
- Direct line management of Production teams covering a range of specialist support areas.
- Ensuring that support services and assets are delivered on time and to a high quality.
- Reviewing and optimising Production processes and pipelines to ensure efficient development and operations.
- Deputising for the Head of Production on departmental issues when required.
- Maintaining strong relationships and communication with a range of development teams, external partners and other company functions.
- Providing visibility and effective reporting of project status to stakeholders up to board level.
- Identifying and mitigating risks across multiple projects and departments.
- Creation and tracking of budgets across a range of multi-discipline areas.
- Experience in AAA game production with multiple shipped titles on PC or Console.
- Ability to build trust and rapport and communicate confidently up to board level.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate Producers and cross-discipline teams.
- Used to managing multiple projects in parallel and able to balance competing requirements.
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to remain calm and take important decisions.
- Solid understanding of a range of Production methodologies and when to apply them.
- Skilled in finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- Confident working in a fast paced environment and able to react positively to change.
- Excellent organisational skills with a systematic and methodical approach.
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 600+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.