Operations – Production /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
Purpose of the role
In this newly created role you will lead a team of Producers who co-ordinate our cross-discipline support teams. These central teams provide vital support for all our games across a range of areas including Shared Technology, Tools and Online Services. As the Production Manager you will ensure that the provision of these services runs smoothly to help deliver our ambitious roadmap which includes exciting new IPs like Formula 1 and Warhammer as well as maintaining our catalogue of existing franchises and our new Frontier Foundry publishing label for 3rd party games. Reporting into the Head of Production, you will also contribute to the team health and departmental development of the wider Production team, deputising for the Head of Production when required.
This is an important senior position within the company that will utilise your solid leadership skills and thorough knowledge of videogame production to get the best out of our Producers and cross-discipline teams. You will work closely with Heads of department, Game Directors and Area Leads to identify upcoming requirements for each game and co-ordinate your Production teams to meet them as efficiently as possible while maintaining the high quality that Frontier is known for. You will mentor and develop existing staff in Production best practice and pro-actively share your previous experiences and knowledge to continuously improve how we do things.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a studio with a track record of delivering successful AAA titles and work with our experienced and passionate teams as you develop your career with us.
- Co-ordinating the provision of support services across multiple games, both internal and external.
- Direct line management of Production teams covering a range of specialist support areas.
- Ensuring that support services and assets are delivered on time and to a high quality.
- Reviewing and optimising Production processes and pipelines to ensure efficient development and operations.
- Deputising for the Head of Production on departmental issues when required.
- Maintaining strong relationships and communication with a range of development teams, external partners and other company functions.
- Providing visibility and effective reporting of project status to stakeholders up to board level.
- Identifying and mitigating risks across multiple projects and departments.
- Creation and tracking of budgets across a range of multi-discipline areas.
- Experience in AAA game production with multiple shipped titles on PC or Console.
- Ability to build trust and rapport and communicate confidently up to board level.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate Producers and cross-discipline teams.
- Used to managing multiple projects in parallel and able to balance competing requirements.
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to remain calm and take important decisions.
- Solid understanding of a range of Production methodologies and when to apply them.
- Skilled in finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- Confident working in a fast paced environment and able to react positively to change.
- Excellent organisational skills with a systematic and methodical approach.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.