Senior PR and Communications Manager – 9 Month Fixed Term (Maternity Cover)
Cambridge / Hybrid / Remote /
Publishing – Public Relations /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the role
Act as a Senior PR Manager to promote Frontier’s products and develop a deeper engagement with the media. Reporting to the Head of Brand Marketing, devise and execute strategic and tactical PR plans, write press releases, ensure consistent communication of company and product messages, generate coverage and commentary, plan and execute campaigns and events, and work with Frontier’s Publishing team on broad strategic goals
This role requires someone with a background in creating and executing successful PR and communications strategies & initiatives managing player bases for large scale gaming franchises as well as key project and stakeholder management experience.
Strategy development and execution
- Work with key stakeholders to create, plan, and deliver aligned PR campaigns and events around Frontier’s titles and its brand
- Work with the Publishing team to develop broad long-term strategies for increasing engagement and conversation
- Commission and analyse mock reviews to inform review strategies
- Broaden the reach and recognisability of Frontiers’ active titles
- Directly manage a Junior or Full PR Manager, ensuring they deliver on target and continuously develop and grow their skills
- Mentor and support PR Managers across the team, providing consultation on projects across pillars where necessary
Networking & Communications
- Build and maintain relationships with global media outlets and key influencers across multiple channels ensuring that a positive brand image is conveyed at all times
- Coordinate with international PR agencies
- Attend and manage global events (E3, Gamescom, etc.)
- Consult during PR & communications crises
- Write and edit press releases, fact sheets, FAQs, planning documents, event bibles and other PR material
Process and best practice implementation
- Regularly audit existing software and tools, lead on research, recommendation and negotiation of PR tools and agencies
- Create PR reports for internal use, monitoring media coverage, sentiment, pull through of key messages and other set KPI ensuring the publishing and development teams understand the main successes and activities of the PR team.
- Demonstrable experience working in a similar PR or related role in the games industry, preferably in a development studio
- Strong demonstrable leadership and management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication qualities and social skills
- Well-organised and process-driven and able to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in a similar PR or related role in the games industry, preferably in a development studio
- A deep understanding of the computer and videogames market, and the specialist and non-specialist media landscape
- Very strong writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Strong strategic mind set with the ability to define and meet goals and KPIs
- Collaborative and thrives in a team environment
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
- Willing and able to travel to industry events and conventions.
- Passionate about video games.
- Previous experience managing a small team
- Degree qualified or CIPR qualified or working towards
- International, European or Asian working experience and/or language skills.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.