IT Support Lead
Complex Games - Winnipeg – I.T. /
Founded in 2001, Complex Games has over 20 years' experience with an ambition of becoming a global leader in the development of innovative Tactical RPGs, including the recent success of turn-based PC strategy game Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters. The studio is based in Winnipeg, Canada, and employs 20 talented and passionate people including its founders and several other industry veterans. We‘re now growing the team and looking forward to making even more great games in the future as part of Frontier. Come join us!
Purpose of the role
We have a new opening for an IT Support Lead to join our growing IT team. Reporting to the Frontier IT Support Manager, this role will work closely with the Head of Studio to execute on all IT functions within our Winnipeg studio to support our talented game development teams. This is a hands-on role and is responsible for providing enterprise-level support to our internal teams, building and maintaining end-user hardware, and offering remote assistance when troubleshooting infrastructure issues. We expect the IT Support team to grow alongside our game teams and in this role you’ll be supervising and mentoring new team members as they onboard.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a studio with a track record of delivering successful Tactical RPGs and work with our experienced and passionate teams as you develop your career with us.
- Handle issues reported by Complex Games’ team members, plus any issues related to Complex Games reported by the Frontier Cambridge office in the UK, seeing problems through from initial diagnosis to resolution
- Own and maintain our internal asset database for Complex Games for both hardware and software in response to actioned user requests
- Manage high-level fault finding, and remedy for more complex issues
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues as required, and work with the central IT team to roll-out cost effective solutions
- Use internal documentation or external resources to provide accurate technical solutions
- Responsible for the creation and maintaining of internal knowledge documents for the company/team to reference
- Manage on-boarding of new starters from an IT perspective, from building their kit, to communication on their first day to assist tech setup and queries
- Build and maintain end-user hardware across the site
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to requests
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams and work with them to assist with completion
- Monitor on-premise Infrastructure and alerting when issues are discovered
- Manage and prioritise own workload based on business requirements
- Identify and provide best practice IT, championing adherence to policy compliance and security training requirements across the company
- Feed into the central IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery documentation and workflows
- Resourceful and excellent analytical problem-solving skills to diagnose and resolve problems quickly
- Good understanding of computer networking including wireless
- Hands on approach to help get the job done when the situation requires it
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills essential at all levels
- Ability to work under-pressure in a fast-paced environment and deliver projects on time
- There will be a requirement for lifting IT equipment such as servers, network devices and other associated hardware
Essential Skills & Experience
- Previous experience mentoring more junior IT Support engineers
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of PC hardware and systems, and associated peripherals
- Solid experience and knowledge of working within a modern Windows environment
- Previous experience in a similar role within an IT department
- Experience of Microsoft 365 services and user management
- Good working knowledge of an ITIL aligned ServiceDesk tool
- Knowledge of Active Directory, including the creation of user accounts and modifying of user groups and security settings
- Line management or team lead experience for small teams
- Experience of working with software deployment solution
- Experience of device encryption software
- Exposure to deployment solutions, such as MDT and Windows AutoPilot
- Experience of working in a game or other development environment would be a bonus
What we can offer you
You'll work directly with a friendly and experienced team that is striving to push the envelope in the tactical RPG space by creating challenging new worlds with compelling cinematic narratives.
We provide a competitive salary, our Frontier annual bonus scheme and an extended health and benefits plan.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.