Facilities Support Assistant
Operations – Site, Facilities and H&S /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We are looking for a proactive and well organised and motivated Operational Support Assistant to support our growing team. The role will be key to ensuring the efficiency of the Studio as we continue to grow. You will be responsible for the day-to-day support of the Site and Facilities team with tasks which will include shipping equipment to new members to the Frontier team, desk moves and other general admin tasks.
- Assisting Site and Facilities Team with in day-to-day operational tasks creating a positive working environment
- Process requests for new equipment, expediting delivery to end users
- Arrange distribution and collection of equipment across the organisation
- Assist other departments including but not limited to Tech and Purchasing with shipping and receiving, moving of goods-in to appropriate work areas
- Assist the Workplace Coordinator and Tech team with site desk moves and set up where needed
- Organise and arrange the studio spaces, ensuring all areas are kept clear
- With guidance from the relevant department, provide ad-hoc support for other departments with shipping requirements
- Thrives in an ever-changing environment where new tasks and problems arise requiring a quick and agile response
- Excellent customer service, with a friendly, empathetic, positive & personable approach
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Passionate about delivering high quality results
- A driven problem solver & quick learner
- Excellent attention to detail
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.