Outsource Benchmark Artist
Development – Art /
Frontier Developments are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
As part of our continued growth we are looking to employ an Outsource Benchmark Artist to join our growing Outsource team. In this role you will be responsible for the creation of inspiring benchmark assets which set the quality expectations for others to follow across a range of exciting projects. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, organised, and skilled in the creation of artwork from a variety of disciplines and be able to review the artwork from external teams. Any applicants must also demonstrate excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to work.
- Create benchmark assets for our various projects.
- Nurture strong relationships with the internal teams and external vendors.
- Provide communication pathways between the vendors and the project artists and animators.
- Create briefs, specification documents and OS packages to send to external vendors, with guidance from the Outsourcing Manager and the Art Directors.
- Provide thorough and consistent feedback to our vendors.
- Able to identify any risks and issues in the out-source pipeline and proactively seek solutions.
- Able to evaluate and assess assets marked for out-source to budget geometry, texture, and time allocations accurately.
- More than 5 years industry experience with proven outstanding skills in art creation.
- Highly motivated, organised, and approachable, with a proactive attitude and the ability to adapt to change.
- Thorough understanding of game art and the creation processes
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Software knowledge should include 3d package such as Maya/Max with a knowledge of sculpting such as Zbrush and Substance Painter and Designer.
- Experience of implementing assets to a Realtime game engine such as Unreal or Unity.
- Knowledge of Photogrammetry, Marvellous designer, animation, or rigging would be advantageous
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.