Technical Game Writer
Operations – Localisation /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
Purpose of the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented English language Technical Writer to join our Localisation team, supporting in-game user facing text creation and quality control across a diverse range of game projects.
- Taking text briefs from developers and/or external writers, acting on feedback and preparing them for in-game use
- Ensuring that all text assets are correctly entered and subsequently reviewed in-game to ensure they accurately communicate the intended information
- Examine text assets to ensure streamlined compatibility with all interface requirements
- Drafting, editing and implementing text within various product-specific tools
- Working with our Localisation team to adapt written content ensuring it is suitable for our global audience
- Estimate task requirements, and take responsibility for delivering quality work to an agreed timeframe.
- Strong background in producing instructional text
- Industry experience of text creation and implementation for games is a plus
- Experienced in producing accurate, concise and consistent text following style guides and working within technical constraints
- Quick to recognise and articulate the intent of feature owners, including the implementation of review feedback
- Conscious of end-user perspectives when drafting work and can anticipate potential issues
- A passion for games with a willingness to learn more about game development.
This role can be offered on a hybrid working basis, which means you’ll have the opportunity to spend time working both in the studio and at home. You will probably be required to spend at least 50% of your time in the studio to facilitate collaboration and engagement. We can provide a comprehensive support package as part of any offer should you need to relocate.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.