Senior Dialogue Designer
Development – Audio /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
As a Senior Dialogue Designer you will report to the Senior Audio Producer day to day for projects and work closely will all project narrative stakeholders. You will have close collaboration and involvement with project audio, game design, writing and production teams. This is an exciting opportunity for a dialogue specialist to join an award winning AAA studio and raise the bar for creating sonically rich, high-quality game dialogue.
- Maintain quality control and stylistic consistency for spoken dialogue throughout each title
- Have editorial authority over the writing of spoken game dialogue, as per agreement with project narrative stakeholders
- Work alongside narrative stakeholders to forge working relationships with external writers and build bridges between them and project stakeholders
- Work alongside narrative stakeholders in casting voice actors for voiced character roles as per project demands
- Prepare schedules and budgets for multiple projects
- Work alongside narrative stakeholders in organising character briefs and sample scrips for casting
- Work in partnership with other departments (Design, Localisation, AI, Animation etc) as well as external content providers to create and facilitate a pipeline, documents and foundation for dialogue
- Liaise with the Localisation team to support the successful and efficient localisation of dialogue content, including ensuring the appropriate casting, mastering and engineering of localised files to match final original dialogue production as required on a per-project basis
- Collaborate with internal Tools teams and coders to develop the necessary tools and optimisations for the dialogue/localisation pipeline
- Have experience recording and directing voice actors as well as working with voice directors and recording engineers for voice content
- Experienced with all phases of dialogue production and post-production, including studio recording, on site recording, editing and mastering
- Professional proficiency using audio tools like Reaper, Wwise, Izotope RX, etc.
- Knowledge of signal processing tools such as compressors, limiters, equalisers, etc.
- Proven experience implementing interactive dialogue in game engines (Cobra in our case) and Wwise
- Some experience in voice direction and working with actors and voice directors is preferable
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.