Email Marketing Manager
Publishing & Commercial – Marketing /
Frontier Developments are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We have an opportunity for an Email Marketing Manager to join our talented and growing Digital Marketing team. The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering exceptional email marketing campaigns based on data driven insight. You will work to achieve segmented and highly-targeted campaigns which will not only engage but also deliver a measurable response from our customers in line with individual product KPIs. Your attitude will be one of continuous improvement, driven by a test and learn approach.
You’ll be joining during an exciting period of growth at Frontier and as part of our Digital Marketing team your work will help ensure the continued success of our current games and the future success of our exciting road map of new titles.
- Target, building, proofing and executing email marketing campaigns to a multitude of different product audiences
- Work in partnership with the Digital Campaign Managers to develop and implement automated customer journeys, deploying tactical campaigns, manipulating, selecting and segmenting data and quickly identifying and tweaking underperforming campaigns
- Collaborate with Creative Services and the Online team to develop creative assets, e-mails, landing pages and other types of content
- Track and analyse key performance metrics (such as deliverability, impressions, open rate, click-to-open, sales, conversion rate, bounce rates & time spent on site) and identify how they impact overall success – in particular user journey KPIs such as acquisition, retention, engagement and re-engagement
- Monitor CRM database and deliverability performance, providing weekly updates and recommendations for future campaigns to a multitude of stakeholders with various levels of technical understanding.
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- Numerate with the ability to interpret and draw conclusions from data
- Team player with a collaborative approach
- Ability to quickly understand the games industry and Frontier’s target audience
- Well organised with the ability to manage multiple campaigns.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience working in an email marketing or digital marketing capacity, either in house or agency side
- Experience in creating user journeys and workflows in an ESP to support objectives of improving engagement and conversion
- Knowledge and understanding of email marketing, campaign performance and deliverability metrics, alongside familiarity with the wider digital landscape
- Strong understanding of GDPR and how it impacts marketing activities
- Experience working with ECRM Platform’s, preferably with Adestra
- Experience in using JIRA, or any similar project management tool
- Experience of HTML for Email
- Experience of working within an agency environment
- CIM qualified or with similar marketing qualification
- Degree in marketing or equivalent
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.