Senior Audio Designer - Warhammer: Age of Sigmar
Cambridge / Hybrid /
Audio – Design /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
The audio team on Warhammer: Age of Sigmar is looking to add a Senior Audio Designer.
This is an opportunity to help realize a rich, detailed and dynamic soundscape and to bring your flair for storytelling to Warhammer.
What you can bring to the project:
- A flair for sound design - You are a story teller, always looking for interesting ways to convey the most ordinary sounds with superb attention to detail, weight, movement and materials
- Being a good collaborator - You strive to build strong relationships with people in the audio teams and across other disciplines
- A vision holder - You share the creative vision of your Lead with the team and add your creativity, technical skill and the communication abilities to achieve it. You are able to translate this into functional plans and guide their execution
- A self-motivated attitude - You can take on work, be asked to help others and advance your skills without the need for specific instruction – you can help your audio producer identify and break these down into tasks
- Realistic about development - You have the capability to prioritise your work and tasks, keeping to scheduled time-frames and develop forward looking compromises
- A great personality - You are kind, friendly and considerate of others, leave your ego at the door and we hope that applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life will apply
- Extensive experience in game audio or a relevant adjacent field
- You've shipped a project of a similar size to the projects that Frontier Developments releases, preferably two
- Advanced knowledge of Wwise is a must for this project
- Knowledge and experience in field recording sessions
- Previous experience in mentoring graduate and/or full sound designers
- Take ownership of audio deliverables for the Warhammer: Age of Sigmar universe
- Work with the dialogue team to help shape the direction and sound design of factions
- Work with the linear team on cinematic presentations
- Mentor junior members of the team with sound design and wwise implementation work
- Work with the audio producer and lead to define work in schedules
- Play the game!
Benefits of Audio at Frontier:
- Be part of a thriving independent studio with over 800 employees, that values audio highly as a key component of our games' experience
- Be part of a large Audio department with over 45 members that are focused on creating amazing sounds and push the boundaries of game audio
- Be part of an established Audio Design team of over 25 Audio, Dialogue, Linear- and Music-Designers that strive to create innovative sound design that keeps player relevant information front and centre in the mix
- Supported by an established Audio-Tech team of 16 Programmers and Technical-Devs that strives to create solid, reusable systems that deliver innovative solutions deployed across multiple projects
- Supported by four Producers to help with planning and co-ordination
- Join a medium sized development team with direct exposure to people across disciplines – your ideas, work and input make a difference!
- Access to two custom fitted 7.1 mixing rooms, a fully fitted VO recording room and a Foley room with pits
- We strive for realistic deadlines and properly staffed projects with a proven technology base to mitigate against "overtime as a project delivery strategy" - work that you love shouldn't turn into a pressure-cooker
- We are not looking for a freelancer to fill this role
- We are not looking for composers to write music
- Ability to relocate to the UK
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.