Unreal Gameplay Programmer - F1 Manager
Cambridge / Hybrid / Remote /
Programming – Coding /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Gameplay Programmer to join the F1 Manager development team. In your role you will be responsible for best utilising Unreal Engine to add and iterate on a variety of player facing features in F1 Manager.
F1 Manager is the officially licensed F1 management sim which aims to offer the most detailed and authentic motorsport management experience on the market. A true AAA management title, F1 Manager combines the instantly recognisable look and feel of F1’s official branding with an exhilarating broadcast-style race day experience.
- You will be responsible for delivering a range of player facing features in F1 Manager. As part of this process you will collaborate with other disciplines (such as artists, designers and QA) to help define, design, improve and ultimately deliver these features.
- Leverage C++ and other appropriate Unreal tools to solve problems and implement features.
- Joining the team in improving each other’s work through peer review.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5 in a commercial setting.
- Good understanding of Unreal concepts, e.g. Actors, Components, Blueprints etc.
- Strong programming skills using C++ in a shared codebase.
- Self-motivated and driven with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Enjoys collaborating with team members on cross-discipline tasks.
- Console development experience.
- Experience with SQL.
- Interest in F1.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.