IT Project Manager
Cambridge / Hybrid /
Operations – I.T. /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the role
As part of our continued growth, we have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our IT Department to help facilitate and coordinate on-time delivery of IT projects.
You will be accountable for the project lifecycle through analysis, definition, development, milestone delivery, hand over to BAU. Ensuring projects are scoped effectively with clear deliverables, quantifiable benefits and costs. Delivered on time, to budget and to agreed specification and quality.
Effectively lead the collaboration of stakeholders and proactively plan and manage project resource requirements, risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and constraints.
We develop great games which pushes us to the cutting edge of technology and entertainment, and you will play an important role in delivering the systems to support the needs of our teams.
- Co-ordinate the work of IT work streams in collaboration with the IT Management team
- Work with Game Leads to analyse, implement and champion standardisation or improvements to tooling or other processes
- Schedule and track work using suitable project management tools
- Provide regular reporting to project sponsors and stakeholders
- Run sprint reviews, sprint planning and retrospectives for work streams
- Manage multiple projects in-line with industry standards, processes and governance through all stages of the project delivery lifecycle
- Identify and mitigate project risks, and proactively find solutions to issues
- Champion and promote IT processes and practices
- Work with the IT Management team to triage change requests
- Maintain the IT roadmap
- Help deliver projects on time and to a high standard.
- Proven IT project management experience and qualification
- Previous experience in a similar service delivery role within games or another software development industry
- Good understanding of Agile and Waterfall processes
- Comfortable working with staff at all levels and across multiple departments
- Used to helping teams to analyse requirements, break-down tasks and estimate work
- Able to help and motivate IT engineers to achieve the best possible results
- Skilled problem solver with strong influencing skills
- Familiar with ITIL ServiceDesk products.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.