Head of Health, Safety & Facilities
Operations – Site, Facilities and H&S /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Head of Health, Safety & Facilities to come in and lead our H&S and Facilities teams within our busy game studio. We are looking for an experienced, performance driven individual who will be responsible for developing and delivering the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) strategy. To ensure our compliance with all relevant legislation and company policies for the studio, including for our people working remotely / in the studio and our on-site canteen. You will be responsible for the effective delivery of facilities services to maintain a first class working environment.
Working closely with the senior leadership team, you will maintain a collaborative, team orientated approach across the company to develop and embed a cultural driven EHS environment.
- Ensure Frontier’s compliance with all statutory EHS obligations in all areas pertaining to Health and Safety Executive, facilities and welfare at work for both our people and contractors, including risk assessments, statutory training, reporting and record keeping
- Through coaching and influencing, build and foster understanding of HSE standards, processes, procedures and best practices across the company, advocating and promoting a healthy working environment
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff are fully inducted, and that all appropriate training and records are maintained
- Develop an inspection programme, ensuring all health and safety procedures, including but not limited to; safe systems of work, fire safety compliance COSHH assessments are followed in-line with relevant regulations
- Ensure documentation of all near-misses, hazards, accidents and incidents are investigated (Root Cause) and reported as required (RIDDOR). Recommend and implement improvements in a timely manner
- Prepare reports and present at board level as well as to the senior leadership team with updates on compliance, actions and monitoring
- Monitor, advocate and make improvements to our environmental impact and sustainability· Work with the Procurement team to source suitable contractors to complete servicing, reactive repairs that have the adequate accreditation to complete the works
- Ensure the delivery of Facilities Management(FM) services to a high standard. Identifying opportunities that will continuously improve all aspects of FM operations
- Lead the delivery of FM Helpdesk services and systems ensuring an efficient and effective service is provided to our people
- Manage and optimise office space utilisation and continuously develop ways of working which meet the needs of our people
- Lead the management of all hard services including M&E plant and PPM scheduling supported by in-house maintenance engineers and external contractors where relevant
- Lead and develop a team of H&S and Facilities professionals as well as oversee the Security outsource team
- Previous senior leadership experience, and demonstrable experience of promoting and enhancing a positive HSE culture in a similar office based environment
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent, and have a Health and Safety Degree/BIFM qualification. IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management is desirable
- Understanding of food safety legislation and compliance would be desirable but not essential. Relevant qualifications / food hygiene certificates, and experience of working with on-site staff restaurants is also desirable
- Extensive senior facilities management experience gained in comparable environments
- Demonstrable knowledge of the full spectrum of facilities management functions, including contract management, tendering and continuity planning
- An understanding of building maintenance and statutory obligations
- Strong knowledge across relevant legislation, compliance and regulations
- Able to design and implement pragmatic policies, procedures and risk assessments
- Excellent communication and stakeholder managements skills, with the ability to influence effectively across different levels within the organisation
- Leadership skills with proven experience of leading, supporting and mentoring teams.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.