Graduate UI Developers
Development – Programming /
Frontier Developments are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
As a User Interface Developer you will create compelling and responsive user interfaces and help to shape the interface that connects our players with our games across multiple platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a studio with a proven track record of delivering successful AAA titles and to play an important role in our continued success.
- Develop quality UI code across various projects and platforms.
- Contribute to the development of our codebase
- Work closely with the Designers and Artists, seeking feedback and iterating on your work
- Develop prototypes to help inform the design process.
- Comfortable weaving assets provided by Designers and Artists into your UI's
- Able to communicate effectively within your team, and foster links with other disciplines
- Excellent attention to detail
- A quick learner who is willing to adapt to new tools and frameworks.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Familiar with at least one high-level language, E.g. C#, LUA, JS, Haxe, AS3 or Java
- Experience using a language's debugging tools, and know how to use them to diagnose bugs
- Is aware of the performance constraints real-time applications have, and has at least some experience profiling and optimising their code.
- Experience using Adobe Creative suite software to create bitmap and vector assets
- Knowledge and/or experience of motion design
- Familiarity with console development.
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.