Game Designer - F1 Manager
Cambridge / Hybrid /
Design – Design /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We are looking for a Designer to join the Frontier team to work on F1 Manager and help take this fantastic project to the next level.
As a Designer working on F1 Manager you will take responsibility for a number of features working with and supporting other designers and departments to help build on and take the game to new heights.
- Feature Design – Take ownership of game features from concept to implementation, including estimation documentation testing and balancing, working directly with a cross-discipline feature group.
- Content Building – Design and implement content for existing and new game systems using Blueprints and scripting tools.
- Feature Support – Playtest, feedback and contribute to the balancing of features to ensure high levels of quality.
- At least 1 year of industry experience or equivalent outside university
- Proven capability to deliver features on time to a high quality with minimal support and feedback
- Adaptable and creative with a solid practical understanding of game mechanics and genres.
- Quick to develop an understanding of how your areas of responsibility fit in to the game as a whole
- Knowledge of management and simulation games.
- Experienced in producing clear and concise documentation, analysing problems and finding the most efficient and effective solutions.
- A strong communicator able to work well as part of a team giving and receiving constructive criticism appropriately, remaining positive whilst under pressure.
Please note: if you have examples of Game Design you have worked on please provide them in your application.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.