QA Localisation Functionality Tester
Quality Assurance – Testing /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
We are seeking a new addition to our QA Localisation team who is looking to challenge themselves in a role that includes both working as part of a team and on individual assignments. If you have a keen eye for detail with a passion for games and game-play then we'd love to hear from you!
Successful candidates will work closely with both QA colleagues and our Localisation team to ensure game builds are free of common text issues before providing builds for LQA testing. You’ll construct tests across new and existing projects and hardware to guide LQA through localisation implementations, you will not be required to understand the translations. Other areas will include providing support to our internal functionality QA team when required, generating reports and providing general game feedback to aid the internal development teams.
You’ll be joining during an exciting period of growth at Frontier and as part of our QA team your work will help ensure the continued level of quality of our current games. We welcome applications from those with or without QA experience.
- Maintaining communication with the Localisation team to ensure QA are up to date with the latest translations.
- Organising game builds and documentation to send to external LQA.
- Reviewing game features and creating testsuites to guide external LQA testers around the new content.
- Sanity checking translations to ensure they’re free of truncation /overlapping /unsupported characters /untranslated text issues before sending to external LQA.
- Providing support to external LQA testers whilst they complete their checks.
- Providing support to QA Functionality teams when required.
- Finding and reporting issues in a clear and accurate manner
- Regressing both internal and external issues
- Completing ad-hoc requests made to the QA team
- Providing support to other Frontier teams as needed.
- Inquisitive and technical mind
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Pro-active and self-motivated attitude
- Creative thinker.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Computer literate
- Proven logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Track record of working well within a team.
- Prior localisation QA experience
- Knowledge of JIRA and Test Rail
- Video game enthusiast
- Strong technical knowledge of the leading consoles and PC
- Games industry experience.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.