Senior Console Programmer (Warhammer: Age of Sigmar)
Cambridge / Hybrid / Remote /
Programming – Coding /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We are looking for an experienced console programmer to join the team of talented coders working on our upcoming Warhammer: Age of Sigmar (AoS) RTS title. As the Console Programmer for AoS you will have a fantastic opportunity to master the latest generation of PlayStation and Xbox consoles, ensuring that we deliver a great game experience with that shiny new hardware.
Frontier has a history of bringing complex and demanding games to consoles, and AoS is no exception. We need someone who is enthusiastic about taking on these exciting challenges to take ownership of the console development for AoS. On top of this responsibility, there will also be opportunities to write game code and implement new features that take advantage of each platform’s unique capabilities!
- Making sure AoS runs flawlessly on XBSX|S and PS5
- Identifying performance bottlenecks and optimising the game
- Ensuring compliance with platform requirements (TRCs/XRs)
- Reporting directly to the AoS Lead Programmer and collaborating with them to identify new tasks
- Encouraging coding and development practices within the team that lead to an exemplary console experience
- Proactive and able to solve issues independently
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and communicating issues effectively to other members of the team
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Keeps up-to-date with new game technologies
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Experience shipping multiple titles on Xbox and PlayStation consoles
- Good programming skills using C++ in a large codebase
- Ability to quickly grasp new code and understand the intent of the original author
- Knowledge of PS5 and XBSX|S certification requirements
- Understanding of Cross-Platform requirements
- Familiarity with LUA programming
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.