Senior UI Artist
UI – UI Art /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
As a Senior UI Artist, you will have the opportunity to assist the UI Lead and the Art Director in building brands from the ground up. You will have the exciting opportunity to put together mood boards that differentiate the brand, gain consensus on the artistic vision and help to deliver the style guide and interaction bible that will be used throughout production.
We need a confident communicator, someone who is as comfortable taking feedback as they are in mentoring others, someone who enjoys collaboration with different kinds of people and loves to celebrate and learn from the work of their peers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a studio with a proven track record of delivering successful AAA titles and to play an important role in our continued success.
- Creating high fidelity screen mockups
- Creating interactive UI prototypes
- Creating high quality assets for the game, particularly illustrative options
- Finding the most efficient routes to delivering quality within the expected timeframe
- Working with the Art Director and UI Lead to create proposals for the UI brand
- Helping to build consensus around artistic direction
- Becoming the gatekeeper of the agreed UI art vision internally and externally
- Thinking strategically about product differentiation
- Maintaining the style guide and interaction bibles for the project
- Providing feedback and mentoring to both UI designers and UI developers about their work, in line with the art target for the project
- Game UI (professional or personal)
- Brand identity design or logo design (ideally with a variety of aesthetics)
- Editorial design (showing brave composition, typography, colour)
- Illustration (ideally for iconographic or game art)
- [Bonus] Motion design
- Industry experience within UI Design
- Experience working on a game during all phases of the project lifecycle
- Open to critical feedback
- Resilient under pressure
- Strong team ethic
- Passionate gamer
- Comfortable making decisions with incomplete data
- Comfortable sharing responsibility with other stakeholders
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.