Senior Community Manager - F1 Project
Publishing – Community /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 700 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a Senior Community Manager with a background in growing and managing gaming channels, ideally annual franchises, and with a sound understanding of the world of Formula 1. You will be well versed in all key social, video and streaming platforms and subsequent metrics associated with them as well as creating engaging content and fostering player engagement.
This role requires someone with an extensive background in creating and executing successful community strategies and initiatives managing player bases for large scale gaming franchises, as well as key project and stakeholder management experience.
- Develop and lead on all community communications, from overall strategy to final deliverables
- Responsible for delivering and optimising on community initiatives and hitting subsequent project KPIs
- Dictate brand TOV across key community channels, all in line with both the brand and studio guidelines
- Provide deep community analysis and reporting on both owned and competitor activity
- Deliver on all key community activities in time and to budget
- Generate and host original content for our channels (Twitch/YouTube/events) to raise product visibility and awareness
- Plan and schedule initiatives to drive engagement within the relevant communities, ensuring execution of plans and meeting KPIs
- Positively engage across all channels as a representative of Frontier
- Work closely with internal teams (PR, Marketing, Product Management, Customer Support, and Developers) to better support our gaming communities and communication strategies
- Organise and participate in events and groups to build communities and grow awareness
- Build relationships with players and industry professionals
- Participate and take an active role at industry events and conventions.
- Previous experience in a similar Community Manager role within the games industry with emphasis on live streaming and written content creation
- Strong working knowledge of the world of Formula 1
- Fluency in spoken and written English, with ability to communicate confidently and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable and willing to participate in regular livestreaming events
- Pro-active and creative approach to projects and content
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
- Ability to accurately report and monitor feedback
- Good understanding of social media channels
- Knowledge of streaming software (OBS) and hardware
- Previous experience working on annualised franchises, sports titles/brands would be nice to have.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.