Operations – Production /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
Purpose of the role
As part of our continued growth, we have an opportunity for an Outsource Producer, preferably with a previous background in 3D game art or animation, to join our outsourcing team. As part of this team, you will be responsible for communicating with our internal and external teams. You will use your knowledge of art to create schedules, check assets and provide feedback on briefs. You will strive to achieve the best possible results from our outsourcing partners. As the team grows this will move on to the integration of assets into our games. This is an excellent opportunity to join a studio with a track record of delivering successful AAA titles and work across an exciting portfolio of games.
- Support the creation of briefs, specification documents and OS packages to send to external vendors, with guidance from the Outsourcing Manager and the Art Directors.
- Provide communication pathways between the vendors and the project artists and animators.
- Help to identify the project needs and link the requirements to the most suitable vendor.
- Maintain the work pipeline, keeping schedules and budgets on track in line with the company roadmap.
- Nurture strong relationships with the internal teams and external vendors.
- Experience in AAA game production.
- Ability to work closely with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience of managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Hansoft/JIRA desirable.
- Skilled problem solver.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience of the outsourcing process.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.