Operations – Site, Facilities and H&S /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Facilities Manager to join our growing H&S and Facilities Team, reporting to the Head of Health and Safety and Facilities. This is a hands-on role, responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of soft facilities management within a busy games studio.
- Management of all soft facilities services
- Ensure facilities comply with environmental, health & safety standards
- Promotes high level of satisfaction among both facilities team members and the client users by promptly responding to their service requirements
- Develop close working relationships with soft FM sub-contractors and ensure they fully understand the client culture and that a high quality service is delivered (e.g. security and cleaners).
- Manage and deliver relevant soft FM contract and service agreements and consumables, within budget and to the standard required
- Identify and manage potential risk and opportunities across the studio
- Work closely with the H&S team and report back any Health, Safety & Environment issues that are identified
- Responsible for ensuring that on-site facilities provide accessible areas to enhance in studio collaboration, such as breakout and meeting rooms
- Managing the internal FM helpdesk ensuring all tasks are logged, distributed effectively and completed in a timely manner
- Working with key stakeholders to provide facilities support on employee engagement events
- Deliver site reporting requirements, producing accurate and timely reports to the Head of H&S and Facilities.
- Lead on soft FM environmental improvements such as waste management
- Line-management the facilities team.
- Previous Facilities Management experience
- Forward thinking and able to solve complex problems
- Able to work independently, have a ‘can do’ attitude, work flexibly and be solution and delivery oriented
- Able to prioritise and organise workload
- Experience managing and supporting team members
- Professional Membership of appropriate institution such as BIFM (desirable but not essential)
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.