Assistant Outsource Support
Cambridge / Hybrid / Remote /
Production – Production /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Here at Frontier Developments Ltd we are looking for graduates to join our Outsource department for an initial contract of 12 months.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a studio with a proven track record of delivering successful AAA titles and to play an important role in our continued success.
The role will be based out of our state-of-the-art studio in Cambridge Science Park.
- During your time with us, you will be responsible for the creation of the Outsource briefs for the characters of some of our most exciting projects.
- You will be gaining valuable experience as part of our internal team, working towards a published title.
- Developing your knowledge of the industry by working with our external vendors from around the world relaying feedback from our senior artists back to the outsource artists.
- A graduate in games art specialising in character
- A sound knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, Substance painter and, if possible, Hansoft
- Committed to high standards in the creation of games
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in written form
- A good understanding of the full process of art creation
- An excellent team player
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn
In return, you will have the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing successful games in a creative and collaborative environment. As a member of our work community, you will gain valuable experience for your future careers, as well as having the incredible opportunity to access the knowledge of our senior artists and veterans of the industry about your own work to help advance your careers!
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.