QA Release Team Tester
Operations – Quality Assurance /
Frontier Developments are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
Frontier produces a wide variety of games to be played on all manner of hardware, peripherals, control schemes, play styles and player abilities. The Release Team specialise in creating, updating and enforcing Frontier Requirements (bespoke requirements that ensure each release goes as expected). They ensure all build configurations are correct for each submission build, and work in the applicable first party portals to release and monitor builds for the public.
Successful candidates will communicate with all roles involved in releasing a build, ensuring that each required job has been completed appropriately and on time. After a release, the team will monitor build health, notifying the game team of the results through a series of reports.
We are seeking a technically minded communicator who is looking to challenge themselves in a role that includes both working as part of a team and on individual assignments. If you have strong technical knowledge of the leading console and PC configurations with a passion for games and game-play then we'd love to hear from you!
You’ll be joining during an exciting period of growth at Frontier and as part your work will help ensure the continued level of accessibility and quality of our current games. We welcome applications from those with or without QA experience.
- Creating, updating and enforcing Frontier Requirements.
- Working closely and communicating with all relevant teams involved to ensure a successful release for any platform.
- Uploading builds and making them publically available, whilst ensuring build configurations are correct.
- Monitoring and reporting build health across all platforms in a clear and accurate manner.
- Updating and improving our in-house tools and scripts.
- Completing ad-hoc requests.
- Providing support to other Frontier teams as needed.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated attitude
- Creative thinker
- Inquisitive and technical mind
Qualifications & experience
- Essential (please provide a cover letter with examples covering the below points)
- Proven logical and methodical approach to technical problem solving
- Track record of working under pressure
- Track record of excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly computer-literate
- Track record of working well both within a team and independently
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, TestRail, Hansoft, TeamCity and SVN
- Experience with Steam, Epic Store, Oculus, Microsoft and Sony portals
- Adept with programming languages such as Batch, Python and/or C#
- Technical industry experience
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.